Home / Practice Areas / Expungements

Minnesota Expungement Lawyer Helps You Clear Your Record

Attorney keeps your past from hurting your future

Does your stomach sink each time you fill out an application because you know you will have to answer questions concerning criminal convictions? Thomas W. Jakway, P.A. is here to help you lessen the negative repercussions of having a criminal record. I am a dedicated advocate with the skills necessary to assist clients interested in building a future free of the stigma that comes with having committed a crime. I help hundreds of clients get criminal convictions expunged from their records. I have a thorough understanding of Minnesota criminal laws and the inner workings of local, state and federal area courts, and I use my knowledge of the criminal justice system to your advantage. Trust me to diligently work for you.

What does expunging a record do?

A criminal conviction is permanently erased when a record is expunged. If you were convicted of a crime but have since had your record expunged, even the physical records of your conviction are destroyed. You are allowed to say you were not arrested, charged or accused of committing a crime. That said, you should speak to a lawyer if your record was expunged and you are considering applying for a professional license or running for office. Some rules still require you to disclose such information.

Eligibility for expungement

Certain circumstances must exist in order for your case to even be considered for expungement. Grounds to have a conviction expunged vary based on the charge or conviction, but you may be able to have your record destroyed if:

  • The charges against you have been dismissed
  • You were found acquitted or found not guilty
  • The case falls within a list of offenses that are eligible form expungement under our statutes

Many charges have waiting period requirements that say you cannot petition for an expungement until a certain period of time has passed.

Pave the way to a brighter future

Do not let a lapse in judgment or wrong act have a negative impact on your future health and happiness. Instead, contact Thomas W. Jakway, P.A. to discuss having your record expunged. Reach out to my Woodbury, Minnesota office online or at 651-401-1496 to schedule a consultation with a seasoned criminal defense attorney.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form